Pruning is essential both for keeping trees healthy as well as improving their appearance. Do you have a tree in your garden that you want to prune branches from? It’s always better to call a professional tree removal service team to do it like ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers. A common mistake that many people make when cutting down a long, heavy limb is trying to cut the limb with one downward cut as close to the trunk as possible. The weight of a heavy limb means that it can tear itself away from the tree before the cut is completed. When the bark from a tree is torn, it leaves an easy entry point for pests and disease, so you want to avoid this as much as possible.
Here are the biggest mistakes proprietors make when trimming trees.
- Topping. Have you ever driven past a row of crape myrtles with ugly, stumpy tops? This hack-and-slash pruning technique is called topping It leaves trees weak, unattractive, and with a long road to recovery.
- Over pruning. It may be tempting to chop every branch that looks out of place, but over-pruning leaves trees susceptible to disease and decay. If you find yourself tempted to trim half of the branches away, it may be better to remove the tree entirely.
- Abusing the canopy. Raising the crown of a tree can let sunlight filter to the grass, remove dangerous branches, and improve curb appeal. But when you raise it too high or prune only the interior of the canopy, you leave the tree looking strange, stunted, and vulnerable.
- Poor technique. Many homeowners are tempted to cut branches flush to the tree trunk. This practice removes the branch collar, which helps the trunk heal the wound. Cutting a branch too close to the trunk leaves it vulnerable to pests and diseases that enter at the site of the cut.
- Bad timing. Every tree has its season. While it’s advisable to prune dangerous or storm-damaged branches when the problem occurs, stick to seasonal pruning and shaping at the right time of year for each species.
Don’t stress about trimming your trees. Leave it to the pros. Call ProGreen Landscaping and Pavers to do the tree removal, tree planting and other tree services we offer for your property. We would always suggest that you seek advice from a trained professional before carrying out any pruning work with a chainsaw. You should never use a chainsaw whilst on a ladder or in a tree unless you have the necessary qualifications. And there you have it, let us know when you need our help! We would love to meet you and discuss making your dream landscape in Florida a reality. Arrange a quote today and one of our friendly landscapers will be in touch shortly to discuss your landscaping needs and see if we are a good fit for one another. Give us a call at 239-747-7460 for Paving Service and 239-747-7591 for Landscaping Services.